Friday, December 31, 2010

Finding A Bridge: My Name Is Kim Sam Soon sequel

Disclaimer: I do not own My Name Is Kim Sam Soon nor am I affilated with the show in any way. I do not own any of the canon characters in this story.

Note: This story was completed in July 2006 but the dates have been changed for scrolling purposes.

I feel so guilty.

Yes, Dad, I feel guilty.

How sad is it that I don’t think of you as often as I used to?

I don’t think that I miss you less and I am sure I don’t love you less but I hate that I think of you less. Does that make any sense?

Is this what loving someone means? Does it mean I need you less? That I can’t be Daddy’s little girl anymore? That I don’t need you to feel safe anymore?

But I am happy, Dad. I am very happy. And I know that you’re happy for me. And that makes me even happier.

But yet I am sad. Because I get to see you less. And then I am I glad. Because I get to see him more. Am I crazy?

I really love him Daddy. Really! Like really, really, really! I just thought I’d throw that in.

And I love you too, so I hope you understand.




"You! Wake up,” Sam Soon said, shaking Jin Hun.

“Hey, leave me alone. You barely let me sleep last night,” he grumbled.

“And yet, I am up. Get up. The boss can’t keep getting late to work, you know.”

“I’m not the boss – only the boss’s son.”

“Excuse, excuses,” she teased. “Honey, it’s time to wake up,” she cooed, caressing his arm.

He groaned. “You keep doing that and you’re going to have to get in here with me,” he warned.
She smiled, getting off his bed.

---

In a bathrobe with his hair still wet, Jin Hun walked into the kitchen to see Sam Soon sitting at the island, drinking coffee. “So what’s for breakfast?” he asked.

She rolled her eyes. “You tell me.”

“Huh?”

“Isn’t that how you got me to spend an extra night? You promised to make me breakfast. If I’d gone home, do you think I’d be trying to fill my belly with coffee?”

Jin Hun walked past her and headed for the fridge. “Again, if you’d let me sleep, I’d have woken up earlier.”

She rolled her eyes. “So where’s my breakfast? And I don’t want leftovers.”

He gave her a sidelong glance. “Tomorrow?”

She looked up at him. “Huh?”

He smiled. “Spend one more night and I promise to make something for you tomorrow.”

She frowned at him, picked up her phone then dialed a number. “Hey Unnie, do you have any breakfast over there? What?” She slid off the stool. “We aren’t opening till 1 today, right? So I am not late. Relax, I’ll be there,” she said as she walked into the bedroom.

A few minutes later, she emerged with her overnight bag.

“Why are you taking that with you?” he asked, pointing at the bag. “What about breakfast?”

Sam Soon stood and leaned on one leg. “How long have you known me?”

“A little over two years…?” he asked, slightly confused.

“And do you think I am stupid?” she continued as she resumed walking to the door.

“What are you talking about now?” He followed her.

“Do you think I am going to fall for that breakfast line again?”

“You fell for it yesterday,” he said, laughing.

She turned around. “No, Honey, I didn’t fall for it – I wanted to stay. But I am sure my mother misses me. I want to go home today. Is that okay, Sam Shik?” she asked, as she reached for his face.

“Do I have a choice?” He was sulking.

“No,” she said then kissed him. “Talk to you later.”

***
2 years later...

“Unnie,” Sam Soon called as she mixed up some batter. “How do you break up with someone you love?”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you like mnikss that much that you have written a sequel to it?
or are you planning to submit it as a script?
as it concerns myself, i feel like something is missing in mnikss; i think that there was not enough courting by the side of sam soon, i wanted sam soon to get back to work and fighting for jin heon.
although i loved the bathroom scene i think that stuff should have come later.
what do you think?

Enagwolo said...

I loved MNIKSS a lot which is why I wrote a sequel to it. No, I'm not planning to submit it as a script - it was just something I wrote for fun.

I was pretty satisfied with how MNIKSS went and I really didn't think Sam Soon could do much since Jin Hun picked Hee Jin over her. She just tried her best to keep her dignity but Jin Hun kept going after her.

Anonymous said...

okay, so jin hun preffered Hee Jin but hadn't he done the same thing to Hee Jin before when he introduced sam soon as his girlfriend? Hee Jin didn't give up.
sam soon didn't fight for him as you should do for the one you love.
Hee Jin wasn't just someone for him, he thought that she betrayed him or something like that and then he discovered the truth suddenly.
he hasn't pushed away sam soon of his life completely, he wanted her to stay close to him because he wasn't sure of his feelings.
she should have done his wish and return back to work.
(i know that my english is terrible).